Friday, January 18, 2008

Wooten Family Christmas

I am a little bit ashamed that I am just now getting back to the blog. These pictures should have been posted weeks ago! I couldn't leave out our fun time in Tennessee with the Wooten side of the family...never a dull moment when there are 17 people sleeping in one house---you definitely have to watch your step at night since a good amount of those bodies were on the floor! Grandpa spent a lot of time reading in the living room since someone was always in his favorite chair in front of the T.V.

We had our Wooten family Christmas in January this year... we have always felt that the best time to celebrate is not December 25th, but whenever we can be together...and this year that was not until the first weekend of January. Regardless of when we get together, we always seem to have a great time eating too much, just being together and laughing at each other.

It was great to have our "Colombian" Wooten's home for the holidays. I can't believe how tall the girls are getting! Chloe, Eliott and Millie had so much fun playing with Kristina and Ulany and we all enjoyed visiting with Bryan and Ubeny too. We missed the "Maine" Wooten's this year and look forward to the next time we get to see them. And of course there was a significant void without Bill there, but I am so thankful for all the past Christmases we had together and for Susan and JR, who are such a special part of our family, being with us this year. And the Murrays made it in from NY after a short visit in Mississippi and helped keep the floor occupied and McKay's in business.
Everyone enjoyed their presents...of course!
the gift that always fits just right...Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!


Special books assembled by Susan filled with letters we had all written to Bill and even a few pictures...What a great gift we will always treasure!

look at the beautiful runner Ubeny painted for me...Such talent! I have a little creative competition in the family.
and here's the cool gift the Murrays made for JR...pictures of his trip to NYC mounted on a NY subway map. Very creative and special!
and Aunt Susan enjoyed Eliott's new robot boots. They fit her quite well. Unfortunately she had to give them back!

Eliott got an airplane and Grandma and Grandpa got a quilt (probably came in handy with so many house quests!)
And here are some future super models ready for their runway debut. They seem quite comfortable with the camera.
BEAUTIFUL!!!
What a blessing my family is. I am so thankful for my unique, thoughtful, creative, loving, and a little bit crazy family. And here's a little quote I found that sums up my family quite nicely: "Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts." ~Author Unknown :)
and even better than that one is this...
"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you."
Now that is truly the best gift of all.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I am mommy to 3 wonderful children. I love them so very much! My life is consumed with kid stuff...some good, some not so good...Somehow the good stuff totally outweighs the bad and makes it all worth doing. I have an amazing husband who loves me completely. He multiplies the good and divides the bad. Such a great husband and father. He completes me! kind of a cheesy thing to say, but it is true so there you go! Before kids I was an art teacher. Now have a small home based buisness. I hand paint children's furniture and accessories. It is fun and I love doing it, but since #3 came along my work time is slim. I am still painting, but my customers have to be very patient. Most customers are moms too so that isn't really a problem. I have also been blessed with many friends--near and far. I am so grateful for all of the people God has blessed my life with. Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out all my girl friends! They have really been there for me and I hope I have done the same for them. Well that's me...marriage, kids, family, friends.. not so bad huh!?