Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow Dance!





We were very excited to hear that there was an 80% chance of snow on Thursday. Could it be!?! We came home from church Wednesday night and Chloe read us all the book Snow Dance. Then Eliott led the family in a snow dance--complete with cotton balls (our symbolic snow balls) flying in the air and wearing his silly elf hat-- as he, Chloe and Millie dance around and chanted "let there be snow...let there be snow!" And in case that wasn't enough we all (yes, Jeff and I did participate in this) wore our pajamas inside out. I am not sure how that is supposed to make it snow, but we were willing to give it a go.




We had so much fun I didn't even care if it snowed the next day!

Well...a little snow would be nice...


And we got it!


We woke up to a beautiful Winter Wonderland. The kids were so proud because felt they were completely responsible for the big snow. Everything was white and snowy, and even though there was still a slushy mix of snow and rain coming down, we bundled up and went out to play in it. (We didn't work this hard to stay inside and look through the window, and who knows if it will all be gone by noon!) Chloe and Eliott threw sad little wet snow balls at each other while Millie ate ice and said "mmmm". They loved every minute of it and I truly enjoyed just watching them. I can remember how much I loved to play in the snow when I was little and I don't think we have had enough of it in the past few years---we still don't even have enough for a snowman, but I will at least be thankful for a few snowballs.

After about 20 minutes in the mess of wet snow we spotted Lukie and Bekah and invited them over for hot chocolate. Millie's little fingers were starting to freeze and we needed to thaw out.


We spent the rest of the day inside with absolutely nothing to do. It really is nice to have a day off from the rest of the world every now and then. Of course I am definitely ready for school to be open tomorrow...PLEASE! Is there such thing as a "no snow dance"?

1 comment:

mandy said...

Gotta get that book, Snow Dance! Hmm, pj's inside out? We'll have to try it. I need one good snow to get it out of my system, and them SPRING! FULL SPEED AHEAD!


About Me

My photo
I am mommy to 3 wonderful children. I love them so very much! My life is consumed with kid stuff...some good, some not so good...Somehow the good stuff totally outweighs the bad and makes it all worth doing. I have an amazing husband who loves me completely. He multiplies the good and divides the bad. Such a great husband and father. He completes me! kind of a cheesy thing to say, but it is true so there you go! Before kids I was an art teacher. Now have a small home based buisness. I hand paint children's furniture and accessories. It is fun and I love doing it, but since #3 came along my work time is slim. I am still painting, but my customers have to be very patient. Most customers are moms too so that isn't really a problem. I have also been blessed with many friends--near and far. I am so grateful for all of the people God has blessed my life with. Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out all my girl friends! They have really been there for me and I hope I have done the same for them. Well that's me...marriage, kids, family, friends.. not so bad huh!?