Thursday, March 13, 2008

Apparently we're done!

Well, I have prayed that God would help us decide whether or not to have #4. I know what you're thinking...WHAT?! ?4 KIDS!?!?! YOU CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THE 3 YOU HAVE!!! And I must admit that exact thought has crossed my mind many times. But when you think you are supposed to have 4 it is hard to get that idea out of your head. And perhaps I am a little crazy.
Getting sick didn't help our time frame for having #4. I feel like I should have another one by now, but since I had to take medicine for 6 months (that made it impossible to have a child), here we are...Millie is 2 and 1/2 and I do not have another baby. I have certainly cried about it...no more babies!? I have been having babies for the past 7 years and I really don't know how to move on. And now Millie is getting so big. It is hard to believe that I am done with this chapter of my life.

Look at this sweet little baby in her new big girl bed (with her little baby doll right beside her)!
We took Millie's crib down and put up a twin bed last week. It is real. This is it...no more cribs in our house. Since we put it up (summer of 2000) we've never had to take it down ...just move one kid out and put a new one in. But, apparently we're done with babies.

And apparently we don't have any room left in our huge king size bed anyway! I am coming to terms with this and I am starting to feel a lot less sad about it. Now finally, I do believe that our family of 5 is just right. I have begun to realize that all the activities and things involved with parenting my 3 children would make it difficult (perhaps even dangerous!) to have another. We already have "KidsForChrist" on Sunday morning, t-ball on Tuesday night, Wednesday night church, soccer on Thursday night, t-ball and soccer games on Saturday...and Millie doesn't do anything yet!!! The reality is that our schedule is only going to get fuller and more chaotic as time goes on. I know people with more than 3 children and their husbands do not work in Sweden, Poland or Canada (all of which Jeff spent time in last year), and they probably live close to their family and have lots of help, or perhaps they are just way better at time management than I will ever be. So, we are done and I am OK with that. (At least for today...ha!) No, honestly I think God has truly answered my prayer by taking away my desire for another baby. I do love so much what I have and am so thankful for my precious little family. I guess it's just time for me to be content.

Here are my 4 favorite people in the whole wide world at the circus a few weeks ago. We had so much fun! It was neat to just watch their faces. They loved it so, of course, we loved it too! But can you believe how much it costs to go to the circus! Wow! We almost had to take out a loan just to buy cotton candy...$12! Thank goodness it only comes once a year.
Chloe's favorite part was the elephants.
Eliott liked the motorcycles riding around in the big ball.
Millie liked all of the animals.Why would I ever think I need anything more than this!??!


Also this month we have had lots of sick kiddos! Eliott had 5th Disease--looks like he got slapped in the face (he didn't!), but it also came with a fever.

No one else got that one--surprisingly enough, but...a few weeks later Chloe had the flu. She was the only one who didn't get the flu shot and the only one who got the flu. Guess what...we're all getting that shot next year!
So I guess that's my monthly update...circus, no more cribs and a few sick kids. Oh, I almost forgot...Millie was attacked by a leprechaun today...
a leprechaun with a very green cupcake! Eliott actually said "it looks like a leprechaun threw some frosting on Millie!" He's right!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I will do my best to write sometime before mid April, but I'm not making any promises.




8 comments:

JLN said...

I was good with the whole blog until we got to the part about the crib coming down for the first time since 2000....I remember when that crib went up! and the bedding that went in it. So now I must go find some Kleenex and remind Lee that our boys may never get big boy beds.

I love reading what is going on with you guys!

mandy said...

At least I am getting to see & read about you once a month. That is certainly better than never. I'm glad you are feeling better about the baby thing. You certainly have been blessed beyond belief. ...now...can you share the exact wording of that prayer with me??

Kay-Lynn said...

So glad you blogged! I have been checking on you...waiting..waiting...

but i was not disappointed...you have been busy praying and thinking...I am so glad you are feeling better and are peace with your decision..well maybe not peace but contentment?

Anyways, you are so blessed, what a beautiful family!

maggie said...

The kids are so cute! One of my boys has already laid claim to Chloe (if she'll have him!), so anyone reading this with little boys - tell them to keep their mitts off! Just kidding. Anyway, keep writing...it brightens my day. I've added your blog to my website now, so you might be getting some hits! Love you!

Kiera said...

Loved that blog! The pictures were precious! I just love those kids too! I hate that you are taking down your crib, but also very thankful for it! :) I'll try to fill it with years of babies too! We just love your little family!!

Bekah Sidden said...

I love the pictures. You have the greatest kids ever and what would we do without Luke's "extended" family of brother and sisters?
B

Joy said...

NOOOOOOO!!!! This can't be true...please say this can't be so. No more babies from the FOB?I'm not done so you can't possibly be done, who are my kids going to play with? Chloe is getting to be the age where she doesn't want babies pestering her. Who am I going to share maternity clothes with? Well, I am going to see you soon so you better keep praying because I am going to try to make your desire come back :) ....maybe I should inform Ma huh?

Joy said...

Sorry, I got so flustered earlier....I forgot to comment about the kiddos. Seriously though, I'm glad but SAD you have reached a decision. I know yall have been contemplating it for a while now. But if for some reason you change your mind, call me, I'll send over the maternity clothes :) Looks like they had a good time at the circus. Wish we could have made it up there to go with yall. I know what you mean about cotton candy...we got the same bag. I don't think Cole ever ate it all..what a waste, oh well. 5th Disease?? What's that?? Oh Millie Moo, I just want to squeeze you...actually I think I will in a couple of weeks!


About Me

My photo
I am mommy to 3 wonderful children. I love them so very much! My life is consumed with kid stuff...some good, some not so good...Somehow the good stuff totally outweighs the bad and makes it all worth doing. I have an amazing husband who loves me completely. He multiplies the good and divides the bad. Such a great husband and father. He completes me! kind of a cheesy thing to say, but it is true so there you go! Before kids I was an art teacher. Now have a small home based buisness. I hand paint children's furniture and accessories. It is fun and I love doing it, but since #3 came along my work time is slim. I am still painting, but my customers have to be very patient. Most customers are moms too so that isn't really a problem. I have also been blessed with many friends--near and far. I am so grateful for all of the people God has blessed my life with. Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out all my girl friends! They have really been there for me and I hope I have done the same for them. Well that's me...marriage, kids, family, friends.. not so bad huh!?