Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's been a long time...

It's been a while hasn't it!? I can't seem to find the time to blog lately (or to fold the laundry, or vacuum, or make my bed...) I'm too busy eating girl scout cookies! Why are they so good??? And didn't the boxes used to be alot bigger?
This will have to be one of my catch up blogs because so much fun stuff has happened since--well...a month ago!
First of all we are so proud of Chloe. She participated in her 2nd year of the Sherwood Forest Elementary Science Fair. She did an experiment with water in glasses and changed the sound made by changing the water level...it was genius if I do say so myself. :)


The same week she was asked to be an anchor girl on Eagle Eye News (her schools news program). She was great--Look out Ann Curry!


And Baby Cole turned 3...I guess I better stop calling him baby Cole now! He is getting so big. Joy threw a fabulous bug party. There were bugs everywhere...all over the walls, the furniture, hanging from the ceiling, in the punch. There were bug masks and bug houses to paint and even a bug game to play.


It was great and the kids loved it. Joy doesn't hold back when she throws a party...she picks a theme and runs with it!!!

And we got a little Aunt Laurie time in while we were in Greenville.

What a cute little bug this is!


And it looks like we caught a very strange bug in the elefun net--I liked this bug so much I decided to keep it!

We were trilled by a spontaneous (and way too short) visit from the Scales. What fun! It only made us want them to move back even more than we already did. But of course remided us that our friendship is greater than the miles between us. In the short time that they were here we managed to sqeeze in an amazing amount of time together. Friday night KL made some amazing chicken enchiladas and I made a salad and mexican chocolate cake (I said I'd give you the recipe so here they are!). We didn't make Bekah cook since we weren't sure if she could even keep anything down at that point--but thankfully she was able to pull through! Isn't it interesting how much we love to eat together?! Actually I love to eat even when I am alone, but the food is much better when we are all together. :) And then Gabe and Eliott had a sleep over. They were so cute. Chloe actually slept in the same room in the bed because she didn't want to be left out.

The kids played all day on Saturday...they played dress up, sword fought, played with polly pockets and played ball...My kids were so thrilled to spend time with Gabe and Ansley (and I had fun with Amelia!) and both had complete melt downs (I kid you not--- they were wailing!) when it was time to say good bye. But who can blame them? Nobody likes to say good bye!
Valentine's Day was fun. Not only did we have a suprise snow day--we also had a romantic (HA!) dinner at Moe's with our friends David, KiKi, Bekah, Luke and of course all the kids. I surprised Jeff with a copy of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue (just happened to come in the mail that day!) only I added my face to the cover. Somehow when I gave it to him he didn't notice? What!?! You mean he doesn't look at the face?
Now the last month here in the Trinh home has been a bit of a challenge. Millie is in the "I do it!" stage of being 2 years old. She wants to do everything herself and then gets frustrated and cries or screams when she can't. She likes to wash her hands with out any help, brush her teeth, feed herself and she likes to dress herself. Obviously she doesn't always get it quite right. But she is so proud!


We are working through her strong and very independent spirit. She is certainly not lacking in confidence---but I am certainly lacking in patience! She can really frustrate me to no end, but I just love her so much and know that I have probably created the beast because I give in to her WAY too much! And sometimes it's just easier that way. But I know it won't be easier in the long run, so things are about to change around here! According to Mandy it's not too late to repair the damage done. I'll let you know how that goes.

Well, I guess that's about all for the past few weeks. Maybe I'll try to be a little more frequent with my updates in the future. But, let's face it, Jeff was right...I don't have time for a blog! But I have one anyway, so I'll try to keep up.










5 comments:

mandy said...

I loved this blog! (of course, I was mentioned!...gloat!) No seriously, you did a great job recapping the month and I think if you did this every month, you would have a great blog with most important things covered. Although I would like to read more posts more often, I understand! (believe me!!!) The only thing else to say is..."that Millie!" Oh my gosh, she's the cutest. And if she gave me those little grins with those big brown eyes, I would probably give her anything she wanted! Miss you and Love you!

Bekah Sidden said...

I laughed out loud at Millie's booty hanging from the sink... It was just as funny on the blog as the moment it happened.

maggie said...

The kids are so cute! I've never seen quite so much of Millie! Hope to come see you soon. Can I put your link on my website?

Kiera said...

yeah, it has been a long time and now it's been another month, I mean, I need to know what is going on in your life, it's not like you have 3 kids running around everywhere, get with it. :) Just kidding! I'll wait as long as it takes. That's what I'm here for! Love ya!

Joy said...

That's okay, you can still call him Baby Cole. I still catch myself calling him baby and he'll quickly remind me, "I'm not a baby." We needed a warning....nude shots. Cole got a kick out of that. He said, "Mommy look, Millie Moo's booty."


About Me

My photo
I am mommy to 3 wonderful children. I love them so very much! My life is consumed with kid stuff...some good, some not so good...Somehow the good stuff totally outweighs the bad and makes it all worth doing. I have an amazing husband who loves me completely. He multiplies the good and divides the bad. Such a great husband and father. He completes me! kind of a cheesy thing to say, but it is true so there you go! Before kids I was an art teacher. Now have a small home based buisness. I hand paint children's furniture and accessories. It is fun and I love doing it, but since #3 came along my work time is slim. I am still painting, but my customers have to be very patient. Most customers are moms too so that isn't really a problem. I have also been blessed with many friends--near and far. I am so grateful for all of the people God has blessed my life with. Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out all my girl friends! They have really been there for me and I hope I have done the same for them. Well that's me...marriage, kids, family, friends.. not so bad huh!?