Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


We had a great time in Chattanooga with Grandma and Grandpa this Easter weekend. It was a short trip, but always fun to be with family. Grandpa woke us early Saturday morning with his famous breakfast...bacon, eggs, biscuits and grits swimming in butter. The kids look forward to this meal every time we go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Of course Grandma did her share of cooking too--it's actually amazing how much you can over eat in one weekend! We brought the bikes and it was neat to watch my children ride up and down the same street I used to ride my bike on when I was their age. We even got to spend time with Uncle Bryan--what a bonus! He's back in the country...to stay! We are so glad to know that and looking forward to seeing Ubeny and the girls when school is out.

The kids were a little concerned about the Easter Bunny finding us in Tennessee, but what a surprise...He found us! We woke up to 3 baskets full of goodies. Then we got to go to church to hear Grandpa preach. This is always a treat for me.


These kids sure do love Grandma and Grandpa!

I got to spend a little time with my friend Christy. We have been friends since Mrs. McNabb's 1st grade class...dare I say how many years ago? (33 years--YIKES!!! How can we have been friends that long when we're only 29 years old? Right Christy?!) We were friends all through elementary school, middle school, high school and then became room mates in college in 1987. People always say don't room with your friends, but it sure worked for us. We even lived together for a few more years after college. I can't believe that Chloe is now the age we were when we met. I hope that Chloe (and all my kids for that matter!) are as blessed as I have been to have such a great and life long friendship.

And I am thinking about an arranged marriage for Millie and Mills (how cute is that!?)


Here we are with our sweet babies Millie and Taylor (obviously from the picture it is clear that we are NOT old enough to have been friends for so long--apparently I miscalculated!)
Christy is the proud (and extremely tired)mother of 4--yes, I said 4 boys! And they are all so very handsome and were so kind to share their things and play so well with my children. Definitely a sign of excellent parenting!

And here's the whole gang! Do you know how hard it is to take a picture with this many kids in it? So I am glad at least some are actually looking at the camera. My kids had such a great time playing with Jack, Hayes and Mills--they wanted to stay forever and Mills actually wanted us to all spend the night! I never actually heard how Christy felt about that! I had a great time holding and squeezing that chunky little Taylor and catching up with my dear friend. Eliott has already asked me when we will see his new friends again...I hope it won't be long.
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

What a fun weekend! So nice to be with family and friends.

You and Christy do look great for 29. I am sure it was hard for you guys to start having your kids at 22 while in college :)

glad you are home!

Kiera said...

So glad you had a great Easter. We missed you here and our movie night, but we'll get over it eventually. :)
I love their easter outfits, such a cute color! And I absolutely love the pic of the kids with your parents. You'll definitely have to blow that one up and frame it. All the kids are smiling perfectly! Great job!
Glad your back maybe we'll see you today! Hope you recover quickly from a short trip! :)

Joy said...

Millie and Mills....that does go together! Shhh!! Don't tell Jeff, I know he won't allow her to date until she's 30. Good to see pics of your parents. It's been awhile since I've seen them...when he married us? Surely it has not been THAT long. Well, they look great, haven't aged a bit in 6 years.


About Me

My photo
I am mommy to 3 wonderful children. I love them so very much! My life is consumed with kid stuff...some good, some not so good...Somehow the good stuff totally outweighs the bad and makes it all worth doing. I have an amazing husband who loves me completely. He multiplies the good and divides the bad. Such a great husband and father. He completes me! kind of a cheesy thing to say, but it is true so there you go! Before kids I was an art teacher. Now have a small home based buisness. I hand paint children's furniture and accessories. It is fun and I love doing it, but since #3 came along my work time is slim. I am still painting, but my customers have to be very patient. Most customers are moms too so that isn't really a problem. I have also been blessed with many friends--near and far. I am so grateful for all of the people God has blessed my life with. Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out all my girl friends! They have really been there for me and I hope I have done the same for them. Well that's me...marriage, kids, family, friends.. not so bad huh!?