Friday, November 21, 2008

October trip to the mountains




I forgot to mention --in my very long catch up blog--about our family day in the North Carolina mountains. We try to go every year in October for a little day trip and photo session. This year we went to Stone Mountain National Park and it was beautiful! We hiked down by the Stone Mountain Falls and took lots of fun pictures. The kids were fascinated by the ladybugs and rocks...I love it that they love nature and are so taken with things like rocks and bugs! Isn't that what being a kids all about?!
Here's one of the many rocks they tried to keep. This one just wouldn't fit in anybodies pocket!

It was tough keeping up with Eliott! Chloe was a little easier to keep up with.
Isn't this the cutest picture of Millie! Precious little baby face! I am so glad we still have that little baby face---I am not ready for her to grow up!

Here's Chloe and Eliott's "silly picture"...looks a little bit like a High School Musical Wildcats dance move, doesn't it!?

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day. I have also been playing with my photo editing program so you will have to let me know what you think about my "creative" pictures. :)
Me and my girls by Stone Mtn. Falls

Millie got tired of hiking...very quickly!
Sweet Sisters

Family Photo
Eliott's ladybug







Eliott took this picture of me and Jeff...not too shabby! Especially considering what he had to work with! :)

2 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

Love them! We have got to get to Stone Mountain!

Kiera said...

Loved the pictures and yes your photo skills are amazing! :) How much do you charge?? So glad yall had a great family day! Love the pic with Jeff holding Millie, definitely looks like the cover of a card! You should send it in somewhere. Such a sweet family that we love so very much!!


About Me

My photo
I am mommy to 3 wonderful children. I love them so very much! My life is consumed with kid stuff...some good, some not so good...Somehow the good stuff totally outweighs the bad and makes it all worth doing. I have an amazing husband who loves me completely. He multiplies the good and divides the bad. Such a great husband and father. He completes me! kind of a cheesy thing to say, but it is true so there you go! Before kids I was an art teacher. Now have a small home based buisness. I hand paint children's furniture and accessories. It is fun and I love doing it, but since #3 came along my work time is slim. I am still painting, but my customers have to be very patient. Most customers are moms too so that isn't really a problem. I have also been blessed with many friends--near and far. I am so grateful for all of the people God has blessed my life with. Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out all my girl friends! They have really been there for me and I hope I have done the same for them. Well that's me...marriage, kids, family, friends.. not so bad huh!?