Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chloe's first "girl's weekend"


Chloe and her friends Olivia, Liddi and Courtney.


Chloe had her first girls weekend last weekend and I had the privilege of coming with her. We went camping with her Brownie's troop and a Jr. Girl Scout troop at Camp Seven Springs. The weather was great and I know she had a great time with all her friends. I was excited that she wanted me to come. I wonder how long that will last? I guess I better enjoy it while it lasts!

We arrived early Saturday morning with 10 seven year olds and all their "gear".

The Girl Scouts did all the work...they cooked, cleaned up, made their beds...or should I say rolled up their packs, and even entertained us with a couple of skits. It was neat to see them all work together and I think Chloe learned a lot from the big girls. She was very concerned about me on the hike because she didn't want me to get anywhere near the poison ivy...what a sweetie!





I hope Chloe and I (and Millie too) have many more girls weekends together. But I am actually looking forward to my girls weekend this weekend with my girls friends!!! Sorry Chloe, your not invited this time! :)

4 comments:

Kiera said...

I'm so impressed with your blogging today!! Great job! Camping trip seemed so much fun! What fun memories! Enjoy every minute of your girls weekend, it will surely fly by! I'll hold the fort down here, tell Jeff to call me if he needs me! :) Have a blast and be careful!!! Love yall!

Joy said...

Looks like yall had fun. Thanks Girl Scouts for the cookies. We've managed to finish all TEN boxes!! Now I really need to start training for that bridge run.

Kay-Lynn said...

What great pics! I am so glad that you and Chloe some "girl time"!

mandystephens said...

I added your blog as a link to mine. Thanks for letting us hang out with you all this week. The kids had a blast!! I guess we'll see you all in a few weeks.


About Me

My photo
I am mommy to 3 wonderful children. I love them so very much! My life is consumed with kid stuff...some good, some not so good...Somehow the good stuff totally outweighs the bad and makes it all worth doing. I have an amazing husband who loves me completely. He multiplies the good and divides the bad. Such a great husband and father. He completes me! kind of a cheesy thing to say, but it is true so there you go! Before kids I was an art teacher. Now have a small home based buisness. I hand paint children's furniture and accessories. It is fun and I love doing it, but since #3 came along my work time is slim. I am still painting, but my customers have to be very patient. Most customers are moms too so that isn't really a problem. I have also been blessed with many friends--near and far. I am so grateful for all of the people God has blessed my life with. Life wouldn't be nearly as much fun with out all my girl friends! They have really been there for me and I hope I have done the same for them. Well that's me...marriage, kids, family, friends.. not so bad huh!?